Tuesday 9 April 2013

what my heart needs reminding of...

 
He will feed His flock like a shepherd.
He will carry the lambs in His arms, holding them close to His heart.
He will gently lead the mother sheep with their young...
 
Isaiah 40 v 11
(NIV)
Emphasis mine
 
 
 
 
Every now and then, when fear and lies and distraction and well-meant opinions and
not-so-well-meant condemnations...
When these come scratching at the door of my heart...
Hissing and smirking at my insecurities...
Whispering their untruths to my fearful heart...
 
Then I need reminding, Jesus...
My heart... my spirit... my mind.
I need Your words...
 
Your truth.
 
To cut through the black.
 
To bring the Light.
 
That You...
The One who loved me first...
That You see my mothers-heart and know the lies that threaten.
That You know the failings I fear.
That before time for us came to be...
 You knew every step... every battle... every victory that was to come...
 
For me.

A Mother.
 
And for him.

Entrusted.
  The one whom You formed in my belly.
The one whose little heart beat with mine.
The one who shares the very fabric of my being.
 
And that even then... all those centuries ago...even then.
You knew...
That there would come a time that I would need Your promise...

You knew the heart of this Mother would need reminding...

That You will not let go.

Of a Mother who trusts...

You.
 
That You will feed.

The one she trusts You with.

That You will... 
Carry.
Gently lead... me.

Me...
 
And the one you blessed me with.
 
Always.


 

xx gracegirl
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I enjoy seeing a peek of the world through your eyes! Be mightily blessed, Liezel!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment... I appreciate it very much!