Wednesday 20 March 2013

on blogging... again...and being vulnerable.

This is not my first attempt at blogging.
 
It is in fact, not my second or even third attempt either. 
 
Let's just say that I have a little issue with allowing myself to be vulnerable.
 
I have, in my opinion, some really good excuses for this, but suffice it to say that if I were to admit them, it would mean allowing myself to be vulnerable.
 
So... just why am I starting yet another blog?
 
It's very, very simple really.  When you love writing, you have to write.
 
And I love writing.  Very much indeed.
 
I also love God.  Very, very much.
 
I am by no means a perfect Christian.  And this realisation hit me square between the eyes a while ago and it was one of the reasons I closed my previous blog.  Please understand, I had not laboured under the misapprehension that I was by any means a perfect 'anything'... but situations arose that caused friends to view me in the light of a 'really good, strong Christian'... and my spirit rebelled at this.  You see, I am in reality far, far from perfect. 
 
I worship a perfect God.
 
And my heart has always been to encourage.  To bring something for someone... and to encourage their heart. 
 
So... if you would like to share in my crazy, simple, sparkly, unplugged kind of life... my life that revolves around my incredible husband, that centres on Home Schooling my precious little boy, my life that is at times completely consumed with therapies as we fight against Autism and Sensory Processing Disorder... then you are more than welcome to stay awhile.
 
I shall not promise perfection.  There is more than enough out there in the blogosphere.
 
I can't even promise a weekly blog post and a perfectly executed 'Wordless Wednesday'...
 
But I promise you real.  Vulnerable. Transparent. Crazy. Sparkly. Different. Creative. 
 
Filled with Hope, Joy, Faith and mountains of Grace.


xx gracegirl

 
 

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Kath! Very kind of you and it's good to be back blogging again! x

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment... I appreciate it very much!